India recorded 13,083 fresh novel coronavirus cases on Saturday, January 30, one year after the first case of the deadly virus was reported in the country.
- The country has reported 1.07 crore cases of Coronavirus so far.
- Kerala logged the highest number of cases in the last 24 hours with 6,268 infections, followed by Maharashtra with 2,771 cases.
- Over 14,000 people recovered from the virus in the last 24 hours taking the total recoveries to over 1.04 crores.
- At least 137 people died due to the disease in the last 24 hours taking the total number of deaths to 1,54,147
- India has been reporting less than 200 COVID deaths per day or more than a fortnight now, at a time when daily deaths have been more than 500 in at least eight countries.
- Over 100 city hospitals where beds were earmarked for COVID-19 patients at the peak of the outbreak have now become COVID-free. At the peak of the outbreak in November, most of these hospitals had 90% to 100% occupancy.
The national recovery rate is now at 96.98 per cent and the COVID case fatality rate stood at 1.44 per cent, the Health Ministry said.
- According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a total of 19,58,37,408 samples have so far been tested for the virus across the country, including 7,56,329 on Friday, January 29.
- Over 33 lakh healthcare workers had been vaccinated till Friday, the 14th day of the vaccination drive in the country, the Union Health Ministry said.
- The pan-India COVID-19 vaccination drive was started on January 16 to cover healthcare and frontline workers in the initial phase.
Also Read: 'Death Not Related To Vaccination': Health Ministry On Man's Death After COVID-19 Vaccine In Odisha