A gas leak on Thursday night, from a chemical factory in Maharashtra's Badlapur was reported, causing panic among the locals. Several residents within three-kilometres complained about difficulty breathing and eye irritation.
A few people were admitted to local hospitals as a precaution, as reported by NDTV. They were discharged after seeking medical assistance.
According to preliminary information, the accident occurred at a factory called Nobel Intermediates Pvt in Shirgaon MIDC's Aptewadi area around 10:22 p.m.
The fire brigade hurried to the plant as soon as the incident was reported and controlled the situation. The leakage was stopped at about 11:24 p.m. The officials said that no casualties were reported.
According to the Thane Municipal Corporation, the incident occurred due to a chemical reaction caused by the overheating of sulfuric acid and benzyl acid.