These Are The Services & Amenities To Be Provided By Your Petrol Pump Dealer
June 9th, 2016
All petrol pumps of the public sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have to adhere to the Marketing Discipline Guidelines. They are supposed to provide certain services and amenities to the citizens free of cost.
The last decade and a half has seen tremendous growth in the number of retail outlets, more commonly known as the petrol pumps across the country. The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have formulated detailed ‘Marketing Discipline Guidelines (MDGs)’ to be followed by all the retail outlets of the OMCs. The guidelines also specify penalties for non-adherence among other things. But what exactly are the services & amenities to be provided by the petrol pumps?
Major Services & Amenities to be provided by the petrol pump dealers
- Ensure quality product at correct quantity and correct price
- Provide Air facility to customers during the operating hours of the Outlet.
- Ensure prompt service and courteous behaviour at all times.
- A suggestion/complaint book must be maintained and made readily available to customers on demand. A message indicating the availability of this book must be prominently displayed.
- The working hours of the retail outlet should be prominently displayed. Holiday notices should be displayed well in time.
- Ensure availability of clean Toilet in the premises.
- Ensure availability of telephone facilities in the premises.
- Prominently display the Name/Contact No. of the dealer and also the Name/Contact No. of the Oil Company personnel who are to be contacted by the customer in case of complaints.
- Display messages on the Customer Service Cell and posters on Customer Education as provided by the respective Oil Companies from time to time.
- First Aid Box is to be made available by the dealer, with necessary valid medicinal aids.
- Ensure that the outlet is kept adequately illuminated and clean as per housekeeping standards laid down by the Oil Companies.
- Safety equipment at Retail Outlet should be provided as per the statutory requirements and maintained in good working condition. The dealer is to be trained in operating the equipment and trained staff should be available to handle and operate the same.
With respect to the toilets, dealers are mandated to check daily and ensure
- Toilets are cleaned daily
- Proper lighting is available
- Flush is working properly
- Water is available
- Working latch is available on the toilet door
- Signage is available
A Maintenance sheet is also to be maintained and displayed.
What happens if these are not adhered to?
In the case of violations like overcharging, the following action would be initiated.
- Suspension of sales and supplies for 15 days for the first violation
- 30 days for the second violation
- A third violation would lead to termination of the dealership.
The following penal action would be initiated if during an inspection the toilet is found to be not clean or water is not available or latch on the toilet door is not available/not working.
- In the first instance Rs. 10000/-, Second instance Rs. 20000/-, Third instance Rs. 25000/- and Fourth instance onwards Rs. 30000/- or 45% of the monthly dealer commission (based on average of last 6 months), whichever is higher
- Suspension of Sales and supplies for 7 days or rectification of the defect in toilet, whichever is later
In the case of other violations like not providing air, Telephone, first aid box, non-maintenance of complaint book etc, the following action would be initiated.
- Warning-cum-guidance letter in the first instance
- 10000/- per irregularity on the second instance
- 25000/- per irregularity on the third instance onwards