Know How To Apply For Learning License From Any State Through A Centralized Government Website
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been facilitating computerization of over 1000 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) across the country. RTOs issue Registration Certificate (RC) & Driving License (DL) that are mandatory requirements and are valid across the country, subject to certain provisions and permissions.
With wide variations in state policies and manual/ system based procedures being followed across the country,the Ministry thus entrusted National Informatics Centre (NIC) with the task of standardizing & deploying two softwares – VAHAN for Vehicle Registration and SARATHI for Driving Licenses and of compiling the data with respect to Vehicle Registration and Driving Licenses of all the states in State Register and National Register. The applications VAHAN & SARATHI were conceptualized to capture the functionalities as mandated by Central Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 as well as State motor vehicle Rules with customization in the core product to suit the requirements of 33 States and UTs.
Here are the steps involved:
ii) Click Online Services → Sarathi Service ( A new page will open.)
Step 2 :
In the Sarathi Service page click on Apply Online → New Learning License.
Step 3 :
Click on Fill Application Details.
Since you are applying for Learning License select “I don’t have any license”.
Step 5 :
Fill the Application form with all mandatory details and submit.
Upload the relevant documents, book slot and pay the fee.
- You can also change the details in Learning License application in case of any mistakes.
- You can reschedule or cancel the slots.
- You can write mock test here https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stalllogin.do
- You can download sample question for Learning License test here https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/pdf/STALL_QB_ENGLISH_NEW.pdf
- Alternatively you can apply for Learning License through individual websites of State Transport Department websites.
Disclaimer : *This information is subject to periodic government policy / process change. Kindly contact the concerned department to crosscheck for recent updates, if any.*