Expose Fake Universities: Help Us Save The Careers And Lives Of Students
July 25th, 2015 / 7:55 PM
Imagine that the degree you got was from a fake university? It kills your career even before it can begin. These degree/diploma mills come into being and exploit vulnerable students and kill aspirations. They hide behind judicial lacuna, prosper under bureaucratic complacency and grow with governmental incompetence.
For the past many decades, UGC has been coming up with a list of fake universities. Every HRD minister has been lying to the nation that action is being taken. But nothing changes on the ground. The list remains the same with the dates changed each year. What has the administration done to hunt, find and punish fake universities?
The regulators don’t even know the number of fake universities. UGC lists them as 21 (same list over the last 4 years). A cursory glance of weebly lists 47 . In our opinion, there are hundreds of them.
Careers360 has been following the Fake university issue for the last five years. Read the story here.
The malice is widespread. And we have decided to take it head on. We intend to dig deeper and work to eradicate this cancer. But this can’t be done by us alone. We need more information and most importantly your support.
- If you know of a fake university operating in your area, Mail us.
- If you think a college/university does not have approval Mail us.
- If you are a victim to a degree hoax (your degree is not being accepted for employment or further studies), Mail us.
- If you know someone who has been duped please ask him/her to mail us.
- We will put together a comprehensive list of such institutions and bring pressure on the executive/legislature. And if need be, we will approach the apex court too.
- SHARE this so that we can make the most comprehensive list and force the case with the powers that be.
The mail ID is: [email protected]
Edited by :