- Udta Punjab Controversy: The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has recommended 89 cuts in Udta Punjab, a movie based on the drug menace of Punjab, including dropping all references of Punjab in the movie. While the heavy censorship resulted in widespread social media outrage from both Bollywood and the audience, the producers, Phantom Films, moved to court objecting to the cuts. Following this, the censor board cleared Udta Punjab under A (restricted for adult audience) category after 13 cuts on Sunday. The movie is set to release on the 17th.
Read more about the controversy: https://thelogicalindian.com/story-feed/opinion/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-tussle-between-udta-punjab-censor-board/
- Bihar Examination Scam: On 11th June, the alleged mastermind of the Bihar board examination scam, Bachha Rai, surrendered at the Bhaganpur police station. Rai is the principal of Bishun Rai College in Vaishali district from where the arts and science toppers of the Bihar board belonged to respectively. According to the investigation, the Bihar Board had hatched a conspiracy to make Rai’s daughter a topper in the science stream later on through verification of marks. 5 more people were arrested by a Special Investigation Team on Thurday.
- RTI Activist Murdered: On 6th June morning, Parasmal Javantraj, a financier and an RTI activist was murdered in broad daylight in Chennai. A group of gang members attacked the 59-year-old with sickles while he was travelling in his motorbike. Javanthraj was an RTI activist who had highlighted many illegal constructions in Sowcarpet. Through his RTI activism, he had in his possession vigilance department files, Housing and Urban Development GOs and Madras High Court demolition orders.
Read More: https://thelogicalindian.com/news/chennai-rti-activist-chased-and-murdered-in-broad-daylight-near-commissioner-of-polices-office/
- Vyapam claims 51st life: On 5th June evening, 58-year-old Ajay Kumar Khare, a senior Intelligence Bureau inspector who was involved in the investigation of the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh, was killed when a speeding car hit him in Trilanga area.He was investigating into undisclosed information related to the probe of the Vyapam scam. The death toll in the probe of the Vyapam scam not stands at 51.
Read More: https://thelogicalindian.com/news/51st-victim-ib-officer-investigating-vyapam-scam-killed-in-a-road-accident/
- First arrest in 3 years after Dabholkar’s murder: Three years after rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead in Pune, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has made the first arrest in the case. Virendra Tawde, a doctor associated with rightwing Hindu Janajagruti Samiti, was arrested from Panvel near Mumbai on 10th June. Dabholkar, the renowned anti-superstition activist was shot dead by unidentified assailants on the morning of August 20, 2013.
- Rs. 2 per kg rice for Sex Workers: The West Bengal government has decided to provide rice at Rs. 2 per kg to sex workers and poor HIV patients in the state. Poor leprosy patients, deaf and dumb children in various homes will also be included in the scheme and in the first phase, about one lakh beneficiaries from across the state will be identified for the purpose.
- Kidneys removed in Delhi Hospital: The Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi admitted of removing kidneys of organ-trafficking victims. A hospital spokesman said that they did it unintentionally, believing that the victims were donating their organs to relatives. The police have so far arrested five people in connection with the racket out of which,, two are assistants to doctors at the hospital.
Read more: https://thelogicalindian.com/news/delhi-hospital-admits-removing-kidneys-from-patients-for-traffickers/