December 5th, 2015
Image Courtesy: indiarailonline
From 10 April, 2016, children of age 5-12 years will be charged fall fare as govt. has revised the provision in Rule 211 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 25 Part I.
The Key Points Are:
- From April next year, full fare will be charged for children of age 5-12 years for separate seat or birth.
- Earlier, for children of age 5-12 years, the ticket fare was half of what an adult has to pay.
- Now, in reservation, half fare needs to be paid if a separate seat is not sought. Caretaker has to share their reserved seat with the child they are travelling.
- Necessary changes in reservation forms will be done accordingly.
- There would be no change in rule for child fare for unreserved tickets.
In last one and a half year, there have been considerable increase in railway fares for both unreserved and reserved tickets including cancellation charges. Poor class is already under pressure and now this move will adversely affect the middle class. The railway has to think of some other methods to increase revenue than burdening the electorate.
With your help today, India can
nurture future sportspersons.
Petition the HRD Ministry to make
sports a compulsory subject in
schools. Sports is education too.