India added a record spike of 95,735 coronavirus infections in 24 hours taking the tally to over 44.65 lakh.The country also recorded the highest deaths in a day with 1,172 fatalities.
- The last highest spike was on September 8 when India recorded 90,802 cases. The highest deaths were recorded on September 9 with 1,133 fatalities.
- There have been 72,939 recoveries in the last 24 hours, pushing the total recoveries to 34,71,783.
- There are over 9.19 lakh active cases in the country.
- According to the Union Health Ministry, the deadly virus has infected 44,65,864 people in India so far and claimed 75,062 lives.
- The fatality rate in the country has improved to 1.68 per cent.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has said that total number of samples tested up to September 9 is 5,29,34, 433 including 11, 29,756 samples tested on Wednesday.
- Five states have contributed 61 per cent of the total active cases.
- Of the fresh infection reported yesterday, Maharashtra contributed more than 20,000 cases and Andhra Pradesh more than 10,000 cases.
- Delhi on Wednesday logged its highest ever single-day spike of 4,093 cases, taking the tally to over 200,000.
The daily positivity rate in the country stands at 8.4 per cent - an increase from Wednesday's 7.7 per cent.
India has been reporting the highest number of daily coronavirus cases in the world for nearly a month, according to the World Health Organization.