A politician’s life is always up for scrutiny and we expect transparency and accountability from them in terms of their functioning, fulfilling of promises and their public behavior.
But where the scrutiny should stop? Where there should be a line? Few points to ponder:
1. Can we, as public, scrutinise what they do inside their four-walled room if it is not a coerced act?
2. Does their behaviour inside their houses that is consensual and doesn’t go against the law affect the public who have voted them in any way possible?
3. Is the media allowed to question their sexual behaviour and run a debate on it, if it is not a criminal act? is not this an intrusion into the privacy of a person?
4. Is it not unlawful to film someone having sex without his/her consent? Releasing MMS of a person is also a crime?
5. Would the media behave in a different manner depending on the gender of the sex tape of the politician released and our reaction as the public to the event changes depending on the gender of the person?
6. Isn’t the punishment and to file case is up to the spouse of the person who has been found in a sexual act with a person other than him/her not to the public? The politician can be booked under a case of adultery and that too depends on the spouse.
7. Is it right for public and media to look into every finer details of a politician and make a spectacle of it?
With your help today, India can
nurture future sportspersons.
Petition the HRD Ministry to make
sports a compulsory subject in
schools. Sports is education too.