Ludhiana Ammonia Leak: Braveheart Dies While Saving His Workers
On June 12 around 11:50 PM, ammonia gas leaked from a tanker on the outskirts of Ludhiana.
People rushed out complaining of nausea and cough. Some of the people who were moving out of Doraha bypass reportedly fell unconscious on roads, which created panic in the town.
Satpal Makol aged 60 rushed to his sweetshop on learning about the leakage. He quickly opened the shutters of his workshops and broke the shutter of the second room to help his workers escape. Satpal inhaled toxic ammonia fumes and fell down near the workshop after having evacuated his employees.
Satpal’s son Vineet reached the workshop on learning about this incident. He found his father lying on the floor, blue and unconcious. He took him to the hospital where Satpal died while undergoing operations.
In an attempt to save 25 employees of his, he lost his life.
In this whole accident, five people were killed and around 190 people got hospitalised.