Surgical Strike On Pakistan’s Terror Launchpad
In the wake of the Uri attack that killed 18 Indian soldiers, the Indian army said today that it has conducted surgical strikes on terror launch pads last night across the Line of Control (LoC) in Pakistan. The strike killed several terrorists causing significant casualties and heavy damages.
The announcement of the attack was made in a press conference called by Director General of Military Operation (DGMO) Lt General Ranbir Singh along with External affairs ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup. “The Army has conducted surgical strikes on terror launch pads on the LoC and significant casualties have been caused. The motive of this operation was to hit out at the terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into our territory,” said Gen. Singh.
The attacks were carried after reports of a specific intelligence group gave input that terror groups are ready to infiltrate into India and carry out terror attacks.
According to the army, special commandos crossed the LoC last night, conducted the operation in the Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK) and returned to the Indian side without any casualty. The Air Force was not involved in the surgical strike.
India Today reported that the entire operation was monitored by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, Army chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag, and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval from the Army headquarters in New Delhi.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Former PM Manmohan Singh, J&K Governor and J&K chief minister Mehbooba Mufti have been briefed on the surgical strikes by the Indian Army.
Minutes after the official announcement was made by India, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif announced the attacked and called it an “unprovoked and naked aggression” by Indian forces, said ANI.
Pak PM Sharif: Strongly condemned the unprovoked & naked aggression of Indian forces resulting in martyrdom of two Pak soldiers along LoC
— ANI (@ANI_news) September 29, 2016
However, Pakistan Army, in a press release by ISPR, has said, “There has been no surgical strike by India,instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India which is existential phenomenon. As per rules of engagement same was strongly and befittingly responded by Pakistani troops”
The surgical strikes come as the first major military action taken by India after the Uri attack on September 18.
Details of the strike were announced after PM Modi called an urgent meeting of his cabinet committee on security.
On Tuesday, India had announced that it will not participate in the SAARC summit scheduled to be held in Islamabad in November.
With your help today, India can
nurture future sportspersons.
Petition the HRD Ministry to make
sports a compulsory subject in
schools. Sports is education too.