18 Terrorists Killed In 21 Days After Pulwama Attack, War On Terror Continues
The Indian army on March 11 confirmed that since the Pulwama Terror Attack on February 14, 18 terrorists have been eliminated. The war on terror in Jammu and Kashmir continues in full force after India lost over 40 of its Jawans in the dastardly terror attack in Pulwama. In a press conference the General Officer Commanding (GoC) of Chinar Corps, Lt Gen K J S Dhillon said that the security forces have eliminated Jaish-e-Mohammed’s (JeM) second-in-command Mudasir Khan, the main conspirator in the Pulwama attack. Indian security forces have killed 18 terrorists so far, 14 of whom were from JeM. In the process, lives of many jawans were also lost.
Speaking after a successful operation in which Mudasir Khan was neutralised, Lt Gen said Mudasir was also associated with 2017 Lethpora camp attack, but the people who radicalised him and provided him with explosives to carry out the attack are still at large. He further said that the forces have reasonably succeeded in eliminating the imminent threat in the valley and will go all-out to crackdown on terror outfits.
War on terror
The crackdown comes on the heels of Pulwama terror attack on February 14, when at least 41 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were martyred in a suicide attack in south Kashmir. Considered to be one of the worst attacks on the Indian soil in the last two decades, the ambush was planned and executed by Pakistan based Jaish-e-Mohammed. Immediately after the attack, India government asked Pakistan to give up JeM and its leader Masood Azhar, a request that Pakistan denied.
Subsequently, on February 26, Indian Air Force carried out airstrike and the Indian government claimed they destroyed Jaish-e-Mohammed terror camps in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This was the first ever air strike across the LoC since 1971. Officials say 12 Mirage fighter jets with laser-guided bombs dropped 1,000 kg of payload on the terror launch pads in Pakistan causing heavy damage.