IRCTC Run 'Private' Tejas Express' That Flaunts Aeroplane-Like Facilities, To Run From October 4
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) run Tejas Express is expected to go on track on October 4, 2019. The Lucknow-Delhi train will start in October, while the Ahmedabad-Mumbai service will start in December. Both trains will be running six days a week, excluding Tuesdays.
The after initial runs and services, IRCTC has decided to hand over the operations of Tejas Express to private players.
IRCTC is said to go with the dynamic fare for ticket reservations with tariffs higher than the Shatabdi Express. The passengers can book tickets 15 days before the date of journey. The IRCTC pricing model is yet to be declared for emergency bookings.
Tejas will be the among the fastest trains in India along with the Rajdhani Express, Duranto, and Shatabdi with the highest priority on the Indian Railway Network.
India’s first Tejas Express was flagged off from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus(CST) on May 24, 2017. The train covered 552 kilometres from CSMT to Karmali, Goa in 8 hours and 30 minutes.
Highlights Of Tejas Express
- VIPs cannot avail concession or book tickets on priority basis in the private Tejas Express Trains. However, in IRCTC, there will be around 53 categories that will be given concessions like award-winners, specially-abled and senior citizens.
- Children above the age of 5 will be fully charged.
- The fair will be 50 per cent less than the flight tickets irrespective of seasons.
- Travel insurance worth 50 lakh is included by the private companies in the cost of the ticket.
- The Express trains comprise of all the modern facilities with the tinge of art and culture of the Indian state showcasing on the walls.
- The trains have personalized facilities like reading lights, coffee machines, CCTV cameras, aeroplane-styled vacuum-toilets, LED TV, automatic doors amongst others.
- There will be no ticket checking on-board. Entry will be permitted only through e-ticket, m-ticket or paper issued by the IRCTC.