#JustIn: PM Modi Addresses First Ever Press Conference, Does Not Take Questions
The Logical Indian Crew India
May 17th, 2019 / 5:23 PM
Image Credit: ANI
For the first time in his tenure of five years, Prime Minister Modi addresses a press conference.
- The press conference was addressed by PM Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah starting from 16:43 hrs.
- PM Modi: “In last two elections, even IPL couldn’t be held. When the government is strong, IPL, Ramzaan, school exams and others take place peacefully.”
- PM Modi: “It will happen after a long time in the country, our government will come to power with an absolute majority for the second consecutive time.”
- On Sadhvi Pragya’s comments on Nathuram Godse, BJP President Amit Shah said, “Party has served her a show cause notice & asked her to reply within 10 days. After she files a reply, the party’s disciplinary committee will take appropriate actions.”
- Amit Shah: “Pragya Thakur’s candidature is a ‘satyagrah’ against a fake case of fake Bhagwa terror. I want to ask Congress, some people were earlier arrested in ‘Samjhauta Express’ who were related to LeT.A fake case of “bhagwa terror” was made in which accused have been acquitted.”
- Questioning alleged killing of BJP workers in West Bengal, Shah asked, “80 BJP workers have been killed in one and a half years. What does Mamata Banerjee has to say about this? If we were responsible for this, why violence didn’t take place anywhere else?”
- BJP chief Amit Shah: We’ll perform good in North-East, very good in West Bengal. We’ll do good in Odisha & there will be improvement in number of seats in all the states in the South. We’ll improve in Maharashtra also.
Written by : Shraddha Goled
Edited by : Shraddha Goled