August 7th, 2015
Image Courtesy : cloudfront
- The United States shall see 9 nano/ micro satellites launched in 2015-16 by the Indian Space Research Organisation.
- A proud moment for India because this will be the first time ISRO will be launching U.S. satellites.
- As informed by the officials that these satellites will be launched as piggyback on Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle. 45 satellites that belong to international customers have been launched successfully by ISRO’s satellite vehicles.
- It was told by Dr. KM Sivan, the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Center, that the first reusable Launch Vehicle- Tech demonstration shall take place at the end of this year.
- The fully developed Geosynchronous Satellite launch Vehicle D6, is supposed to be launched at the end of this month. Adding the cost of the 2.5 tonne vehicle would be around Rs 250 Crore.
- Ceremonious launch of the GSAT 6 shall be huge help for the communication sector of the country.
Well, for India, now the sky is the limit!