Important Takeaways From Kirti Azad Press Conference Alleging Corruption In DDCA
December 20th, 2015 / 6:57 PM
Former Cricketer and MP Kirti Azad today did an expose on alleged corruption in DDCA(Delhi District Cricket Association). His party had warned and asked him not to do the press conference. Kirti Azad has been raising voice against the corruption in DDCA for many years.There were gross irregularities in DDCA when Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was its chairman between December 1999 and December 2013.
Here are the takeaways from the press conference:
- He did an audio/video presentation. The video showed that DDCA gave contracts to various companies addresses of which were false.
- DDCA paid Rs. 16000 for a laptop per day, Rs. 3000 for printer per day, Rs. 5000 for ‘puja ki thali as rent.
- 14 companies which either didn’t exist or the information about them given was wrong
- On one address in Dwarka, instead of there being a company, it was housing society
- 1500 false memberships, forgery of documents, 175 of your own members
- He requested that the matter should be probed by the Enforcement Directorate and charges should be framed under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- DDCA gave money to a lot of companies and nature of work was never told and the prices of tenders were inflated by DDCA members
Kirti Azad also said he is a big fan of Narendra Modi wants to help PMs fight aginst corruption. We hope that proper probe is done and the allegations are verified. Opposition parties too have put forward many evidence supporting their allegations of corruption in DDCA.
Edited by :