13 Lakhs Indian Railways employees Call For Indefinite Strike From July 11, Know Their Demand
June 10th, 2016 / 12:19 PM
Railway Unions in India have called for an indefinite nationwide strike from July 11 to enforce their demands that have been pending for a long time. Their demands include review of the new pension scheme and the recommendations offered by the Seventh Pay Commission.
According to All-India Railwaymen’s Federation (AIRF) general secretary S Gopal Mishra, this strike is inevitable owing to the attitude of the Central government over the charter of demands submitted more than six months ago.
The strike has been deferred since April.
The number of employees under Indian railways is more than 13 lakh. If this strike happens, then it would affect the entire railway system of the country causing trouble to millions of people to commute.
The National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) has also called for the support of the strike. According to DNA, the demands of NFIR are,
- Improve minimum wage of Rs 26000 and correspondingly improve multiplier factor for pay fixation.
- Scrap New Pension Scheme (NPS) and restore old pension scheme to be made applicable to those employees on and after 1.1.2004.
- Scrap report of Bibek Debroy Committee and implement positive recommendations of High Power Committee.
- Recall FDI notification of Government of India dates 22nd August, 2014 in construction, operation and maintenance of Indian Railways and scrap all agreements entered into with foreign companies as well as National Companies which are detrimental to the interests of Railways.
- Stop anti-worker amendments of labour laws.
- Ensure parity in pay structure and promotional scope for common categories with those working in the Central Secretariat.
- Retain existing allowances and advances.
- Ensure payment of PL Bonus at the rate of Rs 7000 per month for the year 2014-15 as was done in October 2008.
- The Injustice done to railway Employees like technicians, technical supervisors, etc in respect of allotment of 7th CPC Pay Matrix levels and promotional scope should be done away with and justice administered.
Edited by :