Now as you have the NOC from the original RTO, you can go to the concerned RTO in the new state you can apply for re-register your vehicle to get a new registration.
Step 1: Documents required to Re-register your vehicle:
- Other state registrations certificate in original.
- Form 20
- Form 28 (NOC obtained from previous RTO)
- Form 27 – from RTO where the vehicle is originally registered.
(To be made in duplicate if the vehicle is held under an agreement of hire- purchase/lease/hypothecation and the duplicate copy with the endorsement of the Registering Authority to be returned to the financier simultaneously, on the assignment of a new registration mark).
- Form 33 intimation of change of address to be recorded in the Certificate of Registration in the new state.
- Attested copy of address proof – HR letter/ Rent agreement can also be used.
- Attested copy of valid insurance.
- Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
- PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Bank/Financier NOC if your vehicle under loan/hypothecation.
- Address proof in the new state.
Note: Such registration of a vehicle in some of the states are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.
Step 2: As per the rules you have to pay again road tax in the new state.After paying the road tax in the new state, you can get reimbursement t of road tax you have paid in the previous state.
RTO Officer will calculate the road tax based on the Original Invoice of your vehicle – you will have to bring a Demand Draft (aka Banker Cheque) equivalent to value of Road Tax as assessed by RTO Officer
- If a motor vehicle registered in one State is kept in another State, for a period exceeding twelve months, an application for re-assignment of registration mark in the other State is required to be submitted by the owner within a period of thirty days from the date of expiry of such period of twelve months.
- The penalty is added to the road tax if paid late than the stipulated time.
Step 3: Carry all the document from step 1 and step 2 while visiting the concerned officer.Submit the documents to the concerned officer and get your new RC in stipulated time.
Blank Envelope: Submit a blank self Addressed Envelope needs to be affixed with Postage Stamps equivalent to the value of Registered Post along with the documents.
NOTE : Road tax is different in different states and also depends on the age of the vehicle.
Disclaimer: *This information is subject to periodic government policy/process change. Kindly contact the concerned department to cross check for recent updates, if any.