Let's Take A Moment To Thank And Understand How The Bankers Across The Country Are Working Tirelessly
Post the announcement on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on demonetising Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes, there has been a rush amongst customers to get their existing currency notes exchanged.
In an effort to provide convenience to the customers, banks and bankers across the country are working under tremendous pressure to ensure smooth and hassle free transactions over the next few weeks. To facilitate the current situation, ICICI Bank has taken several steps to ensure that customers continue their day-to-day activities without any disruption.
Some of the steps that ICICI Bank has taken to ensure that all transactions are seamless, are as follows:
- All branches will be open on Sunday, November 13, 2016
- Branches have been equipped with additional cash counters and new currencies
- ICICI Bank ATMs have been made operational for both, ICICI Bank and Non-ICICI Bank customers
- All charges for cash deposit and withdrawal in our Savings Accounts have been waived till November 30, 2016
- All charges for transactions at ICICI Bank ATMs by ICICI Bank customers have been waived till December 30, 2016
- Daily usage limit of debit cards at merchant outlets as well as for online transactions has been doubled
These mobile apps can be used for funds transfer, bill payment, recharge, online shopping, etc and ensures a convenient and hassle free banking experience.
In this context, Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO of ICICI Bank said, “We are communicating to our customers and informing them of the new guidelines as well as the steps being taken by the Bank in this regard. We are also emphasizing to customers on the benefits of cashless transactions through debit and credit cards, as well as our electronic channels of internet & mobile banking and Pockets, our digital wallet.”
She further added that, “We are thankful to the entire ecosystem including RBI, the law enforcement authorities and for their co-operation for a smooth transition. I would specially like to thank our customers who have shown utmost patience and grace today. I would like to laud the Government on this bold, game changing initiative; and RBI for their help and support.
As the bankers and banks work tirelessly, let’s help them help us.
Whenever we go to the bank to do our transactions, let’s always remember to:
● Be polite – They are human too. Let’s be calm, respectful, and understanding
● Be patient – With tens of thousands of transactions across the country, the systems, servers, and network will get overloaded and might sometimes be slow to respond. There is nothing they can do either. Let’s be patient
● Follow a queue– We all want to finish the transactions fast and be the first to get out. But surrounding the bankers in a group will not help anyone. It will be faster if they can attend to a person at a time in a calm environment.
● Help others – Not everyone might understand all the points and procedures. If you find that someone is struggling to fill a form, understand what ID proofs might be required or any other process, please help them understand it. This will also reduce the burden on the bankers and make the process faster for all.
● Thank them – They are working day and night for everything to go smoothly. Let us show our appreciation and acknowledge their efforts. A Thank You goes a long way in making their day better.
The Logical Indian community thanks all the banks and the bank staffs in India for their dedication and tireless effort towards serving the fellow people.