Haritha Haram, a scheme, a movement initiated by the Telangana government seeks to increase green cover of Telangana from the present 24% to 33%. For the objectives of the scheme to be achieved, 230 crore saplings are proposed to be planted in the state during next three years.
Things to know about the scheme & the recent developments about the same
1. The Chief Minister of Telangana launched the two-week long Haritha Haram campaign by planting saplings in Gundrampalli near Chityal in Nalgonda district.
2. It is as much a government initiative as much as it is participative, lakhs of volunteers, celebrities have participated in the initiative and nominating others to do the same.
3. The Chief Minister of Telangana joined one lakh green volunteers who planted over 1.25 lakh saplings all along the 165 km Telangana stretch of the Hyderabad-Vijayawada national highway.
4. The state government planned to plant a record 46 crore saplings, including 25 lakh in Hyderabad
5. Men, women, and children participated in large numbers and are reported to have planted over 25 lakh saplings in 10 hours.
6. Just by the sheer participation rate, from common citizens to celebrities to former election commissioners, Haritha Haram seem to be a runaway hit among citizens of Telangana.
The Logical Indian appreciates the initiative of Telangana government, we also applaud all the people and personalities who have come out in support for the initiative and increasing awareness of the scheme. People’s participation can always ensure the success of a scheme and also overcome any challenge.