Know About The Govt’s Recent UMANG App
November 3rd, 2017 / 5:38 PM
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) mobile application with help from National e-Governance Division.
As said by the government, “UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations.”
Key Services You Can Access With Umang
- View and download Aadhaar card
- View list of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved institutes/colleges and view course and faculty details
- Annapurna Krishi Prasaar Seva (AKPS) – a mobile-based agro advisory service for farmers, currently implemented in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Bharat Gas – LPG related services like book cylinder, pay online, etc
- CBSE – view exam results and locate exam centre
- Crop insurance – allows farmers to calculate insurance premium and total insured amount according to various government schemes
- DigiSevak – apply for freelance jobs
“UMANG has customer support for user convenience from 8 am to 8 pm for all days of the week,” reads its official website.
The app is available on Android, iOS and Windows.
To know more about it click here.
Written by :
Edited by :